Newbury Democratic Town Committee
Due to public health concerns, the Massachusetts Democratic Party has suspended caucuses; the Newbury caucus scheduled for 3.14.20 (and the backup of 3.21.20) have been canceled. Please check back later for more details.
Who are we
The Newbury Democratic Town Committee is a group local activists and engaged citizens working to promote the ideals, policies and candidates of the Democratic Party.
We encourage the participation of all eligible voters in the electoral process. We believe that the participation of all our citizens in open public discourse strengthens our democracy.
While we celebrate our individual rights, we understand that the freedom and prosperity we enjoy is the result of our commitment to work together for the common good. Our challenge is to respect differences of philosophy and opinion while finding common threads that unite us while we work to make our community, state, and country more just, equitable, and fair.
A Brief Charter
The Newbury Democratic Town Committee is organized and constituted under authority of, and in accordance with, the provisions of Chapter 52 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth and shall have as its purposes the following:
- To foster and advance the ideals and aims of the Democratic Party;
- To work in cooperation with the Democratic party at the national and state levels, and their governing Committees;
- To work, organize and raise funds for the success of Democratic candidates;
- To foster a program of affirmative action and outreach to gain participation in the political process by individuals from underrepresented populations;
- To foster contacts between registered Democrats and Democratic candidates;
- To foster activism in support of local candidates and causes who promote Democratic values; and
- To exert every effort to build and strengthen the Democratic party in Newbury, especially by developing closer relationships between members of the Committee and Newbury’s registered Democrats.